PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

check to see if flexlm works correctly?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

To use lmgrd through a firewall, you first need to fix the port which lmgrd listens on and then fix which port pgroupd uses. (See the PGI Installl FAQ page). Note that Macrovision has recently changed their recommended lmgrd port to 27000 (See Here)

You'll then need to change your firewall rules to allow these ports (at least from the localhost). When googling this problem I did find one post which showed how to use a ssh tunnel but I have not tried this solution before myself so don't know if it works.

Hope this helps,
Mat
willsd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the PGI FAQ shows how to change the port number by changing the fourth field on a line that looks like:

SERVER billybob.mysite.com 0090123c30e8 7496

BUT it does not (at least I think not) say what file contains this line to be edited...

I'll do the edit and test that (and set my firewall to let this through), but I need to know what file has the line to change.

Steve
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

You need to edit your license file (license.dat) and replace the "SERVER" and "DAEMON pgroupd" lines.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: