PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Inline functions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THX 1138

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Inline functions Reply with quote

I got in one of my c functions that function call are not allowed no accelerator region generated.

I had the option -Minline=func1,func2 in my compile script.

When I ran it I got the function that were being inlined had function calls themselves.

I then changed it to -Minline=func1,func2,levels:2 .

I thought this would inline to two levesl and take cae of the problem. It did not.and I still got the error. The function that are being inline themselves have function calls and that creates an issue.

The use of -Minline=func1,func2,levels:2 . does not solve it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Newport_j
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By putting "func1,func2" only routines with then names "func1" or "func2" will be inlined. Either don't explicitly name the functions to be inlined or add the second level routines to the list.

Also, are the second level routines in the same source file? If not, you will need to create an extract library or add the source that contains these routines to the compilation line.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: