PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

new install, cuda error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vibrantcascade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: new install, cuda error Reply with quote

Any idea what type of error this is and how to fix it? I've just installed the newest nvidia drivers for linux and I have everything working, but I haven't managed to get cuda stuff going yet.

[leiderml@be ~]$ pgfortran -Mcuda cudatest1.f
[leiderml@be ~]$ ./a.out
0: copyout Memcpy (host=0x6a0600, dev=0x400140000, size=32768) FAILED: 6(the launch timed out and was terminated)
[leiderml@be ~]$

Thanks!
Morgan
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Morgan,

Quote:
the launch timed out and was terminated
This typically means that you're running a display on this card or have X running and the OS is killing your job to prevent the display from freezing.

http://www.pgroup.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?t=2247

Hope this helps,
Mat
vibrantcascade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, if I unplug the monitor from the videocard and attach it to onboard video then start the computer it will stop booting and it tells me "System halted! Attention: Unsupported Video Configuration Detected", and it tells me to attach the monitor to the videocard and restart. I can't even ctl + alt + F2 to get to a command prompt at this point. Has anyone had this issue and know how to get around it?

As far as I can tell there's no way to prevent the videocard from overriding the onboard graphics. I'll try to dig up a pci videocard to plug in and see if I can get the monitor working on that without plugging into the cuda card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: