PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

C Sharp and pgfortran interoperability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brute11k

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: C Sharp and pgfortran interoperability Reply with quote

Hello, I'm trying to call cuda fortran code from C Sharp.
Here what I've got:

Fortran library (f.cuf):
Code:
FUNCTION TSAT11(P)
!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES ALIAS:'TSAT11' :: TSAT11
!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT :: TSAT11
!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES VALUE :: P
REAL, INTENT(IN) :: P   
REAL :: TSAT11
    ! Examle calculation
    TSAT11 = P - 273.15
RETURN
END FUNCTION

Compiled with PGI Bash (pgfortran is 12.5-0 32 bit on Windows):

Code:
PGI$ pgfortran -c -Bdynamic f.cuf
PGI$ pgfortran -Mmakedll -Bdynamic f.obj -o fortran.dll
   Creating library fortran.lib and object fortran.exp

C Sharp code:
Code:
class Program
{
    [DllImport("fortran.dll")]
    static extern float TSAT11(float P);

static void Main(string[] args)
    {
        float p = 300f;
        float t = TSAT11(p);
        // should return 26.8500061
    }
 }

After run it's showing next error:

Code:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.DllNotFoundException' occurred in riemannCsharp.exe

Additional information: Unable to load DLL 'fortran.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Tried google, and found that this error will show even when dll located in same directory (you need all dependent dll's). So I've installed Dependency Walker: http://www.dependencywalker.com/
And it shows me that fortran.dll depends on pgc.dll, pgf90.dll, pgf90_rpm1.dll, pgftnrtl.dll. I copied them to fortran.dll location, run again and it's okay.

So, question is: Is there any way to compile all needed dll's into one single dll that will contain all dependencies and methods needed to run properly?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brute11k,

Sorry, but I'm not really sure. Though, in doing a web search I came across the following link indicating that it may be possible.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3867254/what-is-the-visual-studio-equivalent-to-gnu-ld-option-whole-archive

Note that directory containing the run time DLLs just need need to be in your PATH and don't need to copied to the local directory.

- MAt
brute11k

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkcolg wrote:
Hi Brute11k,

Sorry, but I'm not really sure. Though, in doing a web search I came across the following link indicating that it may be possible.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3867254/what-is-the-visual-studio-equivalent-to-gnu-ld-option-whole-archive

Note that directory containing the run time DLLs just need need to be in your PATH and don't need to copied to the local directory.

- MAt

Hi there, Mat! Thanks for your answer.

First, I wanted to make CUDA fortran subroutine executed by C# call and result value returned as array to C# (then I could draw some plots with the help of ZedGraph). I solved this problem using files (input.dat/output.dat). All I need to do now is use Process class:

Code:
Process CUDAProcess = new Process();
CUDAProcess.StartInfo.FileName = "cuda.exe";
CUDAProcess.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;
CUDAProcess.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;
CUDAProcess.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
CUDAProcess.Start();
//CUDAProcess.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd();
CUDAProcess.WaitForExit();

This is probably not good solution because you have to access HDD, but I have not so much time here and I'm happy with it for now.

Second (and this is already offtopic), I really want to make executable that didn't require any libraries installed on another PC, except NVIDIA drivers and CUDA API (which comes with drivers I guess).

I tried compile with -Bstatic flag:

Code:
pgf90 -Bstatic -m32 project.cuf a.obj

And hopefully it should work (so far tested with one machine). The only thing it's needed is cudart32_40_17.dll.

Thank for your time and hopefully I'll get to this problem later.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And hopefully it should work (so far tested with one machine). The only thing it's needed is cudart32_40_17.dll
Depending upon the system, you may need to install the Microsoft C run time libs (vcredist_x86.exe). If the exe fails to run or you get a "side by side" error, this is the most likely cause.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: