PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

using -L $PGI/linux86/5.2/liblf
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sungchan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: using -L $PGI/linux86/5.2/liblf Reply with quote

When I compiled a program using "-L $PGI/linux86/5.2/liblf", I have a different (and wrong) answer. I also saw the same thing when I compiled the program on Opteron. How do I get around this problem.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: -Mlfs Reply with quote

What happens when you compile with "-Mlfs" instead of "-L$PGI/linux86/5.2/liblf"?

- Mat
sungchan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: -Mlfs Reply with quote

mkcolg wrote:
What happens when you compile with "-Mlfs" instead of "-L$PGI/linux86/5.2/liblf"?

- Mat

It gave the same problem. One more note, I have the same problem with Intel 7.1 compiler.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Not Sure. Reply with quote

In fortran, the only thing -Mlfs (aka "-L$PGI/linux86/5.2/liblf") provides is the ability to use 64-bit file addressing in 32-bit environments. Large file support is also available for C but you need to call different functions. I can not think of any simple reason why your program is getting wrong answers. I would suspect since it also fails with ifc 7.1 that it might be something in your program or your system environment.

Can you provide a small example which exhibits this behavior?

Thanks,
Mat
sungchan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Not Sure. Reply with quote

mkcolg wrote:
In fortran, the only thing -Mlfs (aka "-L$PGI/linux86/5.2/liblf") provides is the ability to use 64-bit file addressing in 32-bit environments. Large file support is also available for C but you need to call different functions. I can not think of any simple reason why your program is getting wrong answers. I would suspect since it also fails with ifc 7.1 that it might be something in your program or your system environment.

Can you provide a small example which exhibits this behavior?

Thanks,
Mat

Unfortunately, I don't have any small example. My model is quite a big 3-d hydrodynamic model, CH3D. I have been using this for a long time. I ran this code on SGI, HP, alpha station, even on PC. I only saw this problem on Linux workstations. Currently, it works with -Kieee switch using 5.2 on my workstation with 4 Xeon processors (but number of processors shouldn't matter because this is a serial version). Interestingly, "-pc 64" and "-Mlfs" option gives different answers but not drifting away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: