PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

non-PIC __hpf_shifts in libpgf90.a

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher Hulbert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: non-PIC __hpf_shifts in libpgf90.a Reply with quote

I get a relocation error in allo.o of libpgf90.a on linux x86-64, PGI 6.0-8. Linking against the libpgf90.a in libso works, but I'd rather use the static archive. Any way to do that?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christopher,

The ".a" libraries in the "libso" directory are static archives. The only difference is that they are built with "-FPIC" so they can be used with programs compiled using the medium memory model (i.e. "-mcmodel=medium"). Note that static libraries built with "-FPIC" will resolve any addressing at link time, so using them will still create a static execuatable.

Hope this helps,
Mat
Christopher Hulbert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I moved the shared libraries into a subdirectory so that when linking a shared library it would statically link in the pgi libraries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: