PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Error while using -mcmodel=medium...any workaround?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madhu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Error while using -mcmodel=medium...any workaround? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am currently compiling a code on the head node of a cluster and trying to run it on the slave (this is a serial code). I am using the option -mcmodel=medium since I am working with large arrays. The code runs fine on the head. But when I using a pbscript to submit the job on a slave, it exits with the following error.

error while loading shared libraries: libpgftnrtl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Even if I log into the slave and submit the job locally (on the slave) I still get the same error. I included the path to this library in $PATH on the slave - still does not work (The directory where this library resides is mounted on the slave) Is there any workaround for this problem? I have read some posts on the issue with static libraries but did not get an answer to my specific question.

Thanks!
Madhu
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Madhu,

You need to set your environment's LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the directory containing the PGI shared runtime libraries. When using PBS, this is typically done by submitting a wrapper script to PBS to set-up and then run your application. For example:
Code:
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/libso
my_app

If your nodes don't have access to the shared libraries, then you'll need to install them either locally or on a network mount.

Hope this helps,
Mat
Madhu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

Thanks !
It worked!

-Madhu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: