PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

PGCL for Sony Xperia U/P?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahulgarg

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: PGCL for Sony Xperia U/P? Reply with quote

I was wondering if PGCL supports Xperia P and Xperia U, both of which use U8500?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rahulgarg,

We have only validated PGCL on Snowball boards from Calao Systems running Android Gingerbread. However, the compilers should work on any U8500 system running Gingerbread and it looks Xperia is running Gingerbread. Please give the compilers a try and well do our best to help even though we don't Xperia here in house.

Best Regards,
Mat
buster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: PGCL on Xperia Go Reply with quote

Hello,
i tried to run PGCL on an Xperia Go. But it doesn't work. Unfortunately the Xperia go runs under android 2.3.7. May be this is the reason why PGCL don't work? So i tried to put an 2.3.3 Kernel on the Xperia, but i have no success. It's impossible because there is no Kernel for this device which i can flash. May be you can give me some hints to run GPCL an this device?

Regards
Markus
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Markus,

Can you please give us more details on the issues you are having? Xperia Go uses a U8500 and Android 2.3.7 is Gingerbread, both of which are supported. Granted, we haven't tested on an Xperia, but in theory it should work.

Thanks,
Mat
buster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Problems with Xperia Go Reply with quote

Hi Mat,
thanks for your answer. yes you are right the processor is an U8500 and the android version is 2.3.7 but it doesn't work. I simply describe what i
have done. First i connected the mobile to an ubutu combuter via usb. The connection was succesfull. I get a shell via adb. (adb shell)
Then i get root rights on the mobile. I downloaded the pgcl file pbcl_android_12.8.tar.gz and installed it on the ubuntu computer. I tested it with the "pgcl -V" command
and it works. Then i copied the openCL library to the mobile with the command
adb push /opt/pgi/androidarm/12.8/lib/libOpenCL.so /data/pgi/lib
There is a test program in folder /opt/pgi/androidarm/EXAMPLES/Simple1. I created the program via make. Then i tested the program with the command pgrun Simple1 Simple1_Kernel.so. Then
i get the first part of the output

yaacomouser@yaacomoprod1:~/Downloads/androidarm/EXAMPLES/Simple1$ pgrun Simple1 Simple1_Kernel.so
** OpenCL 'Simple1' host setup
PGCL binary not supported on execution target.i
Contact your silicon vendor to request support for PGCL.

1 platform available
OpenCL Platform
name : OpenCL 1.1 rev33
vendor: ST-Ericsson
1 device available

Input Matrix
0 1 2 3
1 2 3 4
2 3 4 5
3 4 5 6

Device type is CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU
Device type is CL_DEVICE_TYPE_DEFAULT
Device name is Multi-core ARM
Device vendor is ST-Ericsson
CL driver version: 12.8
Number of OpenCL Compute Units is 2
Device Global memory size is 268435456 bytes [256 Mbytes]
Device Local memory size is 16384 bytes [16 Kbytes]
Device supports 3 dimensions
Device supports 256x256 work-groups
Device supports 256 work-items per work-group
Device has frequency of 1000 MHz
Maximum work-group size supported for the kernel: 256
Desired work-group size for this problem: 4

** OpenCL 'Simple1' kernel execution

But then nothing happens. The application simply stops. I get no error message or something. I don't know what i have done wrong.

Could you please help me?

Regards
Markus

PS: If you need more information. Please let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: