PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

License validity VPN-connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snipertje

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: License validity VPN-connection Reply with quote

I have a license.dat file from my university, which only works within the universitiy's network. If you want to work at home, the university has a VPN Client to get in their network (I think) to make license files work. Matlab works fine with this set up, but the PGI Workstation gives an error 'LICENSE MANAGER PROBLEM: Failed to checkout license'.

Is there any way to make this work?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi snipertje,

Does the University also have a firewall? If so, they may need to open a port to allow the PGI license daemon, pgroupd, through.

If not, can you post the full license error message?

Thanks,
Mat
snipertje

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

Thanks for replying. I don't know about the firewall, maybe I will figure that out tomorrow. I'm going to post the full license error message anyway, just in case there is a clue in there.

pgi-f95-win32: LICENSE MANAGER PROBLEM: Failed to checkout license
pgi-f95-win32: LICENSE MANAGER PROBLEM: License server system does not support this feature.
Feature: pgi-f95-win32
License path: c:\Program Files\PGI\license.dat;C:\PROGRA~1\PGI\license.dat;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-18,147
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation, available at "www.macrovision.com".

Thanks,
Markus
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marcus,

It's probably best to send a note to PGI Customer Service (trs@pgroup.com) and include your "license.dat" file.

There are a number of possibilities here.

1) There is a problem connecting to the University's license server, such as a firewall or time out.

2) The license.dat does not specify the remote license server. Though, I'd expect a different error if this was it.

3) The University's license is Linux only. The "License server system does not support this feature. Feature: pgi-f95-win32" message seems to support this, but we wont know until we can look at the license.

- Mat
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, PGI Customer Service determined that the problem here was that Marcus was using an out of date license. His University had upgraded to a new Accelerator license but he still had the older one.

- Ma
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: