PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

PGC-F-0206 error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: PGC-F-0206 error Reply with quote

Hey,

I have just installed trial version of pgi complier and have got this error

NOTE: your trial license will expire in 14 days, 15 hours.
PGC-F-0206-Can't find include file bits/predefs.h (/usr/include/features.h: 323)
PGC/x86 Linux 12.2-0: compilation aborted

Have I done some thing wrong during installation?

Thanks.
Regards,
Raj
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Raj,

What OS are you using?

Doing a web search for "predefs.h", I found several similar issues when using gcc on 64-bit Ubuntu where the some missing 32-bit packages were not installed. For example http://askubuntu.com/questions/82510/gcc-no-longer-works-after-upgrade

- Mat
TA OBrien

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: PGC-F-0206 error Reply with quote

This is a follow-up for people who may encounter this problem in the future. I also ran into this error, and I followed the link in Mat's e-mail. I am using a 64-bit Ubuntu system, and as suggested in the link, installing the gcc-multilib package (sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib) fixed the problem for me.

Thanks Mat!
tfoster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: PGC-F-0206 error Reply with quote

TA OBrien wrote:
This is a follow-up for people who may encounter this problem in the future. I also ran into this error, and I followed the link in Mat's e-mail. I am using a 64-bit Ubuntu system, and as suggested in the link, installing the gcc-multilib package (sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib) fixed the problem for me.

Thanks Mat!

Perfect!! Thank you for this suggestion: it solved my problem of pgcc not finding sys/cdefs.h properly!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: