PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Error launching the pgdbg
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jevans

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the 64 bit version installed. Once I installed the 32-bit version, it's still no dice. I set the following

export PGI_JAVA=/usr/java/jre1.5.0_04-i586
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/lib
[jevans@evans-temp srcS-pgi]$ pgprof -exe oceanS gmon.out
Warning: -Xmx512m not understood. Ignoring.
/usr/bin/gij: relocation error: /opt/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/lib/libpthread.so.0: symbol _h_errno, version GLIBC_2.2.5 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

I'm thinking that glibc is the problem here. There are actually two glibc rpms installed on this system, an i686 version and the x86_64 version. I believe that the i686 version is being picked up here, as the 32-bit version is missing the symbol referenced above. Running the strings command thru grep yields

[jevans@evans-temp ~]$ strings /lib/libc.so.6 | grep GLIBC
GLIBC_2.0
GLIBC_2.1
GLIBC_2.1.1
GLIBC_2.1.2
GLIBC_2.1.3
GLIBC_2.2
GLIBC_2.2.1
GLIBC_2.2.2
GLIBC_2.2.3
GLIBC_2.2.4
GLIBC_2.2.6
GLIBC_2.3
GLIBC_2.3.2
GLIBC_2.3.3
GLIBC_2.3.4
GLIBC_PRIVATE

while running the same command on the 64-bit version yields

[jevans@evans-temp ~]$ strings /lib64/libc.so.6 | grep GLIBC
GLIBC_2.2.5
GLIBC_2.2.6
GLIBC_2.3
GLIBC_2.3.2
GLIBC_2.3.3
GLIBC_2.3.4
GLIBC_PRIVATE

Setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL does bad things and results in an unusable terminal window, i.e.

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
pgprof -exe oceanS gmon.out
/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Even adding the usual shared library paths back into the mix don't correct this.

I checked the location of libpthread.so.0, and it looks right.

ls -al /opt/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/lib/libpgthread.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Aug 18 09:30 /opt/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/lib/libpgthread.so -> /lib64/libpthread.so.0

And /lib64/libpthread.so.0 does indeed exist, although it itself points to /lib64/libpthread-0.10.so
mleair

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: pgprof Reply with quote

jevans wrote:
I had the 64 bit version installed. Once I installed the 32-bit version, it's still no dice. I set the following

export PGI_JAVA=/usr/java/jre1.5.0_04-i586
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/lib
[jevans@evans-temp srcS-pgi]$ pgprof -exe oceanS gmon.out
Warning: -Xmx512m not understood. Ignoring.
/usr/bin/gij: relocation error: /opt/pgi/linux86-64/6.0/lib/libpthread.so.0: symbol _h_errno, version GLIBC_2.2.5 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Actually your PGI_JAVA should be the full path to the java executable. So, perhaps in your example it should be:

export PGI_JAVA=/usr/java/jre1.5.0_04-i586/bin/java

Have you had any luck running any other java applications on your system? I wonder if this is a problem with java in general on your system. Does PGDBG run?

Anyway, if you still cannot get things running, then send an email to tech support trs@pgroup.com and we'll have you try some other things...

-Mark
jevans

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I had that right before. And that was it, once PGI_JAVA was set to /usr/java/jre1.5.0_04-i586/bin/java, it works. Thanks.
mleair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: pgprof Reply with quote

jevans wrote:
Dang, I had that right before. And that was it, once PGI_JAVA was set to /usr/java/jre1.5.0_04-i586/bin/java, it works. Thanks.

Glad you got things working. Any chance do things work without specifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH but with PGI_JAVA specified?

-Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: