PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

pgi 11.8 and openmpi 1.4.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Francesco,

Do you mind digging into this a bit more and see if you isolate where the segv occurs as well as print out the call stack? This might give use a few more clues.

- Mat
franzisko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

I discovered that I get segfault even running the simple ompi_info. I send you and image of the result of this run using a debugger.

thanks for any help
Francesco
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Francesco,

It looks like OpenMPI is seg faulting when trying to dynamically open a library. Since it's being called from "opal_maffinity_base_open", it's most likely trying to open libnuma.so.

In looking through OpenMPI's configure options, it looks like adding "--enable-mca-no-build=maffinity,btl-portals" will disable affinity and might work around the error.

- Mat
franzisko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

there is something I do not understand. Even compiling with the option you suggested the segfault occurs and from ompi_info |grep numa it seems that libnuma is still used. I do not know the reason. I posted in OpenMpi Forum to get help from here, too.

thanks for your help
Francesco
franzisko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

It seems PGI 11.8 works with OpenMPI 1.4.4, in our cluster only disabling both paffinity and maffinity components. It is not so fine because of the large use of affinity options (npersocket...) used in hybrid programming. I will try PGI 11.10 as soon as possibile to see if something is changed.

best regards
Francesco
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: