PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

CPU parallel and accelerator regions in the same program
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njustn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is set to unlimited. Note that the "limit" print from the program is the limit on number of threads, and has no relation to the stack. I'm using the zsh shell.

Code:

$ ulimit -s
unlimited
$ ./test
limit:64
[1]    15017 segmentation fault (core dumped)  ./test
TheMatt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably a wild idea and won't work, but it's simple to test. You might try adding "limit stacksize unlimited" and/or "ulimit -s unlimited" to the .dotfiles of every shell you can think of (with the correct command as to that shell's syntax). In the past, I've thought I was running bash, but my script was actually running a csh script unknown to me, or vice versa.

Or, perhaps, using a large, but finite number for the stacksize. I've run into that too, where unlimited freaks out a code, but it's fine with 3GB of stacksize.
njustn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was worth a try, I made sure I ran the code directly rather than submitting it through the job submission system so it would be run directly in my shell. Admittedly the system on which I can do that has no GPUs, but the results are the same whether the GPUs exist or not right now.

Code:

$ ulimit -s 3000000
$ ulimit -s
$ ./test
[1]    31848 segmentation fault (core dumped)  ./test
$ ulimit -s 3000000000
$ ulimit -s
$ ./test
[1]    31856 segmentation fault (core dumped)  ./test
$ ulimit -s unlimited
$ ./test                                                                               
[1]    31863 segmentation fault (core dumped)  ./test

Is there anything else I can provide that might help? Perhaps the binary itself, see if there's a library conflict somewhere or some similar?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi njustn,

We're at a loss. Then next step would be for us to try and install Chaos Linux here to see if we can recreate the problem, or better yet, can we try and get access to your system? If so, let me know and I'll contact to via email. Note that I'll be as the Supercomputing Conference next week, so it I wont be able to work on this till the week after.

- Mat
njustn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure there's no way to get you access to this particular system. That said, I also will be at supercomputing, if you have time one day next week perhaps we could meet and try to work it out, as I will have access from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: