PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Installation Problem with omp_lib.h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Installation Problem with omp_lib.h Reply with quote

I have just moved my installation to a new computer, re-installed it, and have obtained a permament license for my new installation. I obtained a demo program from www.openmp.org that is having a problem including the omp_lib.h include file. This is a standard Foratran 77 OpenMP demo program that computes pi from a series. The program includes the omp_lib.h include file:

implicit none

include 'omp_lib.h'

integer r8_logn_max
parameter ( r8_logn_max = 10 )

When I compile, this code, I am seeing a number of the following errors:

$ pgf77 -mp compute_pi.f -o compute_pi
PGFTN-S-0034-Syntax error at or near /opt/pgi/linux86-64/7.2-5/include/omp_lib.h: xx

Obviously, I am missing a lib enviroment variable or have some installation error.

If someone could suggest a solution, I would appreciate the information.

Thanks,
Jim West
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

The 'omp_lib.h' file that we ship includes F90 kind specifiers, hence the syntax error with the F77 compiler. You have a few options. Use the 'pgfortran' driver instead of 'pgf77', edit the 'omp_lib.h' to remove the F90 language features, or manually add the external refefence to OpenMP routines that you'll be using to your program.

Hope this helps,
Mat
None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mat!
Your note really help explain this situation.
I thought using pgf77 to complie this code would work since the included scripts used "gfortran -openmp". Given your note, I located a F90 version of compute_pi and that compiled fine with the pgf90 compiler.

Thanks,
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: