Recent Version Information
A summary of new features in each version of the PGI 2017 release.
PGI releases version update, as often as monthly, which may include both new features and bug fixes. The new features added with each version are listed below. Bug fixes are listed on the PGI Release 2017 Technical Problem Reports summary page.
PGI 2017 version 17.1 (released February 10, 2017)
- Comprehensive OpenACC 2.5 support; improved cache directive performance
- PGC++ C++14 support; GCC 5.1 through 6.2 interoperability; improved exception handling
- PGC++ as an CUDA host compiler now supports C++11
- Support for CUDA 8 and Tesla P100
- Improved inlining
- Additional tuned numerical math intrinsic functions for Haswell and Broadwell CPUs
- Updated pre-compiled MPICH, MVAPICH and Open MPI libraries
- Updated pre-compiled netCDF, parallel netCDF and ESMF libraries
- Added variable rollover support to PGDBG GUI; updated Eclipse plug-ins
- Expanded operating system support
- Dropped support for 32-bit, GPUs on macOS, CUDA 7.0, macOS Lion/Mountain Lion
- Plus 32 user-requested enhancements and fixes